Re: Bits about Intel MKL packaging -- Higher Priority than OpenBLAS

On 28 April 2018 at 21:50, Sébastien Villemot wrote:
| These priorities are meant to express what Debian thinks is the best option to
| implement BLAS.

This thread shows that statement to be incorrect. It appears evenly split --
(I didn't count, but roughly) three people on each side, so a tie. But one
cannot outargue dogmatism. So continue calling it "what Debian thinks".

I have my script to add MKL at a priority I deem useful; several people
commented on it and thanked me. I, like you, am actually not convinced that
the performance is that much better (esp. given the 1.9gb footprint).

But when I decide to install it, then at least I want it working, and not be
an unused wallflower which is what you hardliners suggest. I continue to find
that silly, but I said my piece and am done with this now.

Dirk

--
http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd@debian.org