Re: Fwd: Moving the h5py source package to team maintenance

Hi Ghislain,

On Tue, Mar 24, 2015 at 08:10:29PM +0000, Ghislain Vaillant wrote:
> Ok, I have followed the instructions from the d-med policy to perform the
> migration.
> The git repository is in d-med / packages / h5py.git

It's rather in

   git://git.debian.org/git/debian-science/packages/h5py.git

:-)

> One slight deviation from the original instructions [1] is that the latest
> non-maintainer
> upload did not show up in the subversion repository. As a result, I
> commited the latest
> version of the debian folder on the git side and tagged it.

Very sensible.

> The current
> version in
> testing / unstable can be successfully built with "gbp buildpackage".

Sounds good.

> Could you guys check I have done things properly before I go further and
> put my
> changes in please ?

I guess you want to add Debian Science list as Maintainer and Soeren and
you as Uploaders.

Looks OK from a very quick view.  Seems d/watch is broken and you want
to fix this first.  I'd also recommend a

    cme fix dpkg-control

Thanks for your work on

--
http://fam-tille.de

Yes for now the repository is at the same state as its previous subversion. I just
wanted someone to confirm I had done the migration properly before merging
my stuff in.

Thanks for looking at it Andreas. I'll update you guys with my progress.

Ghis

Ok the packaging is now lintian clean, is using pybuild for d/rules and pypi.debian.net
for d/watch and has had the Maintainer, Uploaders, VCS and StandardsVersion fields
updated.

Is it worth performing a preliminary release on experimental of v2.2.1, which includes the
changes above, or shall we wait up until I get upstream's v2.4 in as well ?

Ghis