Re: cctbx debian package

On Wed, 25 Jul 2012 15:00:07 +0200
Radostan Riedel <raybuntu@googlemail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 25. Jul 14:45, Picca Frédéric-Emmanuel wrote:
> > Hello, I am working on this :). I already fortified mmdb and gpp4, still
> > need to do the work for clipper :).
> > you can look for the repository on the debian-science repository.
> >
> > I plan to fortify and multi-arch all of them.
> Great! But I still wonder why few of the shlibs fall through hardening-check.
> For instance librstbx.so. I checked and it's compiled and linked with the
> correct flags. It's only linked against libcctbx.so and this one is passing the
> check. But I think libcctbx.so is linked against libclipper so this can all go
> back to that lib.

there is sometimes a few false positive.
I need to compile cctbx and investigate by myself on the

ldd librstbx.so gives what ?

> I'm having also a bit trouble cherry pick the headers! Do you have any advise?
> I thought about just putting all headers into one package and make the *-dev
> packages depend on it. Is this acceptable? If so how should it be called?

I can imagine... if we have libxxx -> libxxx-dev, but if we can assume
that all libraries of cctbx will be for ever provided by this package. We can
provide an unique libcctbx-dev ? I would like the opinion
of other DD on this. I never package thaht sort of thinks before.

So the question is:

n binary libraries packages + 1 -dev package is it allowed like this ?

I would like the opinion of other DD on this thanks in advance.

for now there is around 15 libraries provided by cctbx.

libann.a
libcbf.a
libccp4io.a
libcctbx_sgtbx_asu.so
libcctbx.so
libiotbx_mtz.so
libiotbx_pdb.so
libmmtbx_masks.so
libomptbx.so
librstbx.so
libscitbx_boost_python.so
libscitbx_minpack.so
libscitbx_slatec.so
libsmtbx_refinement_constraints.so
libspotfinder.so

> BTW: I'm gonna start to split up the python-cctbx package into multiple
> python-packages now.

this is the same sort of exercise no ?

Cheers

Frederic

--
GPG public key 4096R/4696E015 2011-02-14
    fingerprint = E92E 7E6E 9E9D A6B1 AA31  39DC 5632 906F 4696 E015

GPG public key 1024D/A59B1171 2009-08-11
    fingerprint = 1688 A3D6 F0BD E4DF 2E6B  06AA B6A9 BA6A A59B 1171
uid  Picca Frédéric-Emmanuel <picca@debian.org>