Re: Packaging "The Molecular Modelling Toolkit"

Hi,

On Fri, Sep 23, 2011 at 01:55:03PM +0200, Picca Frédéric-Emmanuel wrote:
> The Molecular Modelling Toolkit (MMTK) is an Open Source program
> library for molecular simulation applications. It provides the most
> common methods in molecular simulations (molecular dynamics, energy
> minimization, normal mode analysis) and several force fields used for
> biomolecules (Amber 94, Amber 99, several elastic network
> models). MMTK also serves as a code basis that can be easily extended
> and modified to deal with non-standard situations in molecular
> simulations.

I'd drop the "an Open Source", as this is implicit for packages in
Debian main (it makes sense to include this information on the upstream
homepage though, e.g.).  Otherwise, the description sounds fine to me.

BTW, as far as I can tell, MMTK is a library/framework, are there any
frontends using it (or are there already some packages in Debian which
get enhanced by the addition of MMTK)?

Michael