Re: RFS: AWeather - Weather monitoring program

On 07/26/2011 10:50 AM, Andy Spencer wrote:
> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "AWeather".
>
> * Package name    : aweather
>   Version         : 0.5
>   Upstream Author : Andy Spencer (myself)
> * URL             : http://lug.rose-hulman.edu/proj/aweather
> * License         : GPL-3+
>   Programming Lang: C
>   Description     : A weather monitoring program
>
> AWeather is a free real-time weather data viewer designed for weather
> enthusiasts. AWeather is not a weather widget/dockapp that displays a
> pre-computed forecast. It is designed to be an easy to use program that
> integrates a variety of meteorological data in simple unified interface
>

> The package appears to be lintian clean, with the exception of an rpath
> error caused by linking to libhdf.
>
> To build this package you will first need to install the Grits and RSL
> packages (see accompanying emails).
>
> Further information about the Debian package can be found here:
>
>   Debian Bug: http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=604185
>   Git repo:   git://git.debian.org/debian-science/packages/aweather.git
>   Gitweb:     http://git.debian.org/?p=debian-science/packages/aweather.git

some comments on this package:
it does not build in a clean chroot, it is missing a build dependency on
libbz2-dev and these:
libgrits0 (>= 0.5), librsl1 (>= 1.41)
should be libgrits-dev and librsl-dev not the library only package

please setup a pbuilder environment to test for missing dependencies:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PbuilderHowto

debian/watch is to generic it matches rsl-1.40.tar.gz use e.g.
aweather-([\d.]+).tar.gz

please fix this lintian warning:
E: aweather: non-empty-dependency_libs-in-la-file usr/lib/aweather/radar.la
you can probably remove the file:
http://wiki.debian.org/ReleaseGoals/LAFileRemoval

debian/copyright:
Files: is a required DEP5 tag, add a Files: * if the copyright covers
all files