multiple-source package (ngspice-22)

Hi Andreas

On Monday 21 March 2011 15:47:39 you wrote:
> Hi Gudjon,
>
> On Mon, Mar 21, 2011 at 02:03:01PM +0100, Gudjon I. Gudjonsson wrote:
> > But please use the get-orig-source target to download the source since
> > the file is now a multi-source package (ngspice and ngspice-doc) and the
> > get-orig- source target does that correctly.
>
> I just noticed this target and used it (as you can see from my recent
> upload).  I have to admit that multi-source packages are quite new to me
> - I think I realised that you are using it just in ngspice 21.  Just our
> of curiosity: Could you give some reasons for this (preferably on the
> list to let others learn as well)?
>
> Kind regards
>
>         Andreas.
Thanks a lot for the upload!

The ngspice team split the uptream source in version 21. The documentation is
now contained in ngspice-doc. Instead of creating a new ngspice-doc source
package I found it easier to add the ngspice-doc source to the original Debian
ngspice source package. The method is described in the following document:
http://wiki.debian.org/Projects/DebSrc3.0
   This multiple source format is a real improvement to the Debian packaging
system. For example in my package eric (python IDE) I need to download every
translation separately and the multiple source format makes that process
easier. Earlier I had to download the translations to the debian directory and
they became a part of the debian-svn but now they are just a part of the
upstream sources.

Hope this answers the question

Regards
Gudjon