Re: Some questions regarding inclusion to the team

Hello,

Le vendredi 26 juin 2009 à 09:10 -0430, Muammar El Khatib a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I'll introduce myself. My name is Muammar. I'm chemist, and I have been involved
> in Debian for more than 2 and a half years now  (how fast the time pass). I hope
> all of you are OK. As it was discussed in a previous topic¹, Pavan asked about
> the mpich2's debian status. I was who submitted an ITP². Lucas Nussbaum has
> offered to help me either to improve and to upload the package, and  I also
> would like to maintain this package with Debian Science.
>
> I have read Debian Science's wiki page, but I still have some doubts because it
> is the first time I request inclusion to a Debian Team. Some of the doubts are:
>
> a) Does this package fit better in Debian Science or pkg-scicomp?
It is up to you.
Christophe (one of the leader of pkg-scicomp) and I talked about a
potential merge of both team... I don't know when/if it will happen.
For now, since the frontier between projects is thin, both will be ok.
Pick up the one you prefer (many people are in both team anyway).

> b) In the case that it fits in Debian Science, what are the right steps for
> joining you?
I just added your account the list member of debian-science in case you
want to join this one.

You will find the policy here:
http://debian-science.alioth.debian.org/debian-science-policy.html

Regards,