Re: RC bugs in science packages

On Tue, 3 Feb 2009, Manuel Prinz wrote:

If you have a look at the lenny-only list [1], they're not listed. But
thanks for caring!

Ditto.

On an aside, would it be a good thing to have such email of RC bugs in
scientific packages on a regular basis (e.g. monthly)? I guess it is not
too hard to script. (The mails could go to the maintainers list on
Alioth to not bother debian-science readers.)

Code to obtain the bugs in question just exists in the script which generates the bugs pages. It would not be very hard to implement
sending a monthly mail according to this using the existing code.
I'd volunteer to give some comments / help if somebody would take
over the real work to implement this but I'm currently busy with
other things.  It's basically dropping all the non-RC bugs from the
structure which is created, render a reasonable text (genshi templating
system might be useful for this as well) and sending the mail to
a preconfigured address.

It is a very good idea.

Kind regards

       Andreas.