Re: Debian based live chemoinformatics CD?

Hi Egon,

Am Donnerstag, den 17.11.2005, 12:36 +0100 schrieb Egon Willighagen:

> I've been thinking about live linux CDs to demo and easily setup a developers
> environment for Java based chemoinformatics software. So I want to make a
> custom CD with openbabel, CDK, JChemPaint, Jmol, pyMOL, xdrawchem,
> kfile_chemical, etc, and as developers tools C++, eclipse, Blackdown Java (or
> something like that).

Just one thing: You need Sun Java. Don't you? I don't know the whole
license, but I think, it could be problematic to share a Sun Java on a
Live-CD.

> I have no preference for Kubuntu/Knoppix or whatever, but do require KDE as
> desktop (for kfile_chemical).

BTW: Did you know, that there are plans to do develop a similar plugin
for nautilus?

> I know there are some some live CDs around, but would appreciate your ideas of
> best practices for setting up such a live CD.

IIRC the Wiki (wiki.deboian.org) tells some bits about setting up a
Debian Live-CD.

Regards, Daniel