Re: Looking for a C/C++ probability library

On 11/5/05, Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer
<perezmeyer@infovia.com.ar> wrote:
> Hi everyone! I'm about to deploy some simulations programs for a
> mathematic workgroup in my university, and I would like to do it in
> Linux and in C/C++.

The GNU Scientific Library (http://www.gnu.org/software/gsl/) should
support your requested functionality.  It is a large set of
mathematical routines (including statistics) written in C (usable in
library form from Fortran, C, and C++ code).  You want to look at the
libgsl0 package as a library and libgsl0-dev for the development
headers, as well as gsl-doc-pdf or gsl-ref-html for the documentation
(which is probably available on the GSL website as well).  I wrote a
some code using the GSL Bessel and Fourier transform routines.  Well
good luck.

Mike Gilbert