Re: Status

On Mon, Mar 05, 2001 at 03:47:06PM -0600, jdorse - James Dorsey wrote:
> What's the status of the Debian for S/390 port?  We are running SuSe and
> about to run RedHat on our Z Series S/390 here and I was wondering if anyone
> had the base system ported at all.

Actually, the base system of Debian on S/390 (31bit) already exists.
I'm building this packages on my(frankly speaking, my company one)
MP3000(Generation 5) and my pilot project, Caiman, the one of the
distribution on S/390, is progress.

But, currently, debian-s390 port have nothing because core packages
such as binutils and gcc are very unstable and I'm busy with my project.
I'll start uploading deb packages compiled on S/390 soon.
(maybe at the end of the month)

If you're interested in Debian S/390 port or s390 *.deb packages,
please use Caiman, my pilot project, as a substitute.

ftp://linux390.linuxkorea.co.kr/caiman

Regards,

Chu-yeon
--