Re: notebook, processor

--- "Victor B. Wagner" <vitus@45.free.net> wrote:
> > áÇÁ! ÷ÏÔ ÔÕÔ ÈÏÔÅÌÏÓØ ÂÙ ÏÓÔÁÎÏ×ÉÔØÓÑ ÐÏÐÏÄÒÏÂÎÅÅ. ðÏÞÅÍÕ ÄÖÏÊÓÔÉË
> >"îáíîïçï õäïâîåå"?
> ðÏ Ä×ÕÍ ÐÒÉÞÉÎÁÍ

One more: it saves a space

> > é ÅÝÅ: ÎÅÔ ÌÉ Õ ìÉÎÕËÓÁ/è-Ï× ÐÒÏÂÌÅÍ Ó "ÍÙÛÅÚÁÍÅÎÉÔÅÌÑÍÉ"?
>
> îÅÔÕ. ïÎÉ ×ÓÅ ÞÅÓÔÎÏ ÜÍÕÌÉÒÕÀÔ PS/2.

Yes, there are problems with gpm/gpmdata and mouse in X! With IBM Thinkpad 380Z
and trackpoint I've still having problems with gpm&X in Woody. Several months
ago it was seems fixed, but sometimes I still need to restart X because "mouse"
does not work. I don't care yet because mostly use a text console. But this
problem exists for sure and the only reliable way to fix it - remove gpm.

> > DB> óÏÇÌÁÓÅÎ. ó ÄÒÕÇÏÊ ÓÔÏÒÏÎÙ, ×ÓÔÒÅÎÎÁÑ ÓÅÔÅ×ÕÈÁ ÅÝÅ ÌÕÞÛÅ, ÐÏÔÏÍÕ ËÁË Ó
> > DB> PCMCIA ÓÌÕÞÁÅÔÓÑ ×ÓÑËÉÊ ÇÅÍÏÒ
>
> óÏ ×ÓÔÒÏÅÎÎÙÍÉ ÓÅÔÅ×ÕÈÁÍÉ ÏÎ ÔÏÖÅ ÓÌÕÞÁÅÔÓÑ, É ÐÒÉ ÜÔÏÍ Õ ÔÅÂÑ ÎÅÔ
> ×ÏÚÍÏÖÎÏÓÔÉ ÐÒÏÄÁÔØ ÇÌÀÞÎÕÀ É ËÕÐÉÔØ ÎÏÒÍÁÌØÎÕÀ.

Buy a 10/100 USB network adapter which cost about 10Mbit PCMCIA card :)
I would not suggest to take a notebook without a USB port

> > á ËÁË ÐÒÏ×ÅÒÉÔØ ÒÁÂÏÔÏÓÐÏÓÏÂÎÏÓÔØ ÓÌÏÔÁ? îÁÐÒÉÍÅÒ, ÅÓÌÉ Õ ÐÒÏÄÁ×ÃÁ ÎÅ
> ÏËÁÖÅÔÓÑ
> > PCMCIA-ÕÓÔÒÏÊÓÔ×Á? é Õ ÎÅÇÏ, ÎÁ×ÅÒÎÏÅ, ÎÁ ÎÅÍ ×ÉÎÄÁ ÓÔÏÑÔØ ÂÕÄÅÔ.
>
> ó ÓÏÂÏÊ ÐÒÉÎÅÓÔÉ. úÁÎÑ× Õ ËÏÇÏ-ÎÉÂÕÄØ ÄÌÑ ÜÔÏÊ ÃÅÌÉ.
> ôÏ ÞÔÏ ÏÎÏ ÂÕÄÅÔ ÒÁÂÏÔÁÔØ × ×ÉÎÄÅ, ×ÏÏÂÝÅ ÇÏ×ÏÒÑ, ÄÏÓÔÁÔÏÞÎÏ.

By the way - try PCMCIA card in suspend/resume cirle under Windows.
If it will work - take it! Because there are many laptops (according to
linux-laptop site) with bugs in APM part of BIOS (mine with some too).

> > üÔÏ ÔÉÐÁ × ÉÎÅÔ ÞÅÒÅÚ ÍÏÂÉÌÕ? ÷ âÅÌÁÒÕÓÉ ÜÔÏ éíèï × ÓËÏÒÏÍ ×ÒÅÍÅÎÉ ÎÅ
> ÐÒÅÄ×ÉÄÉÔÓÑ

There was here an advice to use Opera browser(about 3 MB without Java). I'm
thinking about to buy it to turn the adv manager off but price is not low :(

=====
With best regards,
Pavel.
---