Re: [RFS] -- ruby-graphql 2.10.0

On 10/08/22 02:15, Pirate Praveen wrote:

On Mon, Aug 1 2022 at 05:35:14 PM +05:30:00 +05:30:00, Vivek K J <vivekkj@disroot.org> wrote:
Hi Team,

        I've updated the package ruby-grahql from 1.11.10 to 2.10.0.
The package is lintian clean and the updated package is available at
https://salsa.debian.org/ruby-team/ruby-graphql . While building reverse
build deps against updated version, some of the packages are failing.
The failing packages are :

ruby-batch-loader          rebuild
ruby-graphql-client        rebuild
ruby-graphql-errors        rebuild

among these ruby-graphql-client can be fixed by updating the package.

ruby-graphql-errors is a deprecated gem in favor of the new
GraphQL::Execution::Errors in the graphql gem.

Requesting for Sponsorship

Hi Vivek,

Gitlab Gemfile declare a dependency on grpahql 1.13.12 only. So I don't think it is a good idea to do a major update right now. We can't always update to a major version before all reverse dependencies are ported to work with the new version. So please update to the latest version in 1.x series only till gitlab is updated to work with the new major version.

Thanks
Praveen

Updated to 1.13.15.

https://salsa.debian.org/ruby-team/ruby-graphql

--
Regards,

Vivek K J
Debian Contributor
                                                                 .''`.
Personal Website:  https://vivekkj.codes                        : :'  :
GPG Key: D017 9263 E202 0E40 7157  4073 A5FF 4BB3 EA53 C5DF     `. `'`
                                                                  `-