Re: Ruby 3.0 enabled in unstable

Hi!

Fanstatic news. Thanks!

Le Tue, Oct 05, 2021 at 09:36:18AM -0300, Lucas Kanashiro a écrit :

> I did rebuild the packages using ruby-all-dev from experimental and here you
> can find the results:
>
> https://people.debian.org/~kanashiro/ruby3.0/round2/builds/
>
> At the moment, almost 17% of the packages are failing to build (241 out of
> 1422). Next step is filing bugs against those packages and start to fix
> them. I'd appreciate your help to move forward with the transition :)

Where do you want to track the triage? Shall we open a pad for that?

I noticed already a few packages (in particular nanoc) failing because
of missing ruby-eventmachine which in turns has a test failing with
ruby3.0 (I will probably just skip that test for now).

Another cause I noticed is a missing webrick for ruby3.0 (ruby-curb
needs it for tests).

Best wishes,

Cédric