Re: Renaming ruby-factory-girl to ruby-factory-bot

Hi,

On 18-03-03 16:30:36, Cédric Boutillier wrote:
> ruby-factory-girl-rails fails to build because of dependency checking
> looking for a factory_girl gemspec file instead of a factory_bot.
>
> I don't know if it is better to fix factory-girl-rails gemspecs, or to
> ship also the factor_girl.gemspec file too with ruby-factory-bot.

Hm, I'm not really sure how to deal with this, as I already (tried?) to
describe in one of my initial mails: Not only to name changed, but also
code within, and no "compat helper / level" was introduced. This means,
that code which depends on factory_girl needs to change as well.
Upstream described the necessary steps regarding this [1].

Given these circumstances, I'm not really sure if using 'Replaces' in
d/control and providing a transitional package is the right way to go.

What about introducing ruby-factory-bot as a new package without
'Breaks', 'Replaces' and a transitional package, and removing
ruby-factory-girl once all upstreams of the reverse dependencies have
changed to ruby-factory-bot?

FWIW: I could also introduce / prepare ruby-factory-bot-rails, as this
was renamed as well.
@Pirate: Asking you, because currently you're listed as the only
uploader: Would this help, any opinion? Personally, I'm not sure if this
is needed at all, given there are no rdepends.

Cheers,
Georg

[1]
https://github.com/thoughtbot/factory_bot/blob/4-9-0-stable/UPGRADE_FROM_FACTORY_GIRL.md