Planning for the future / RFH

Hello everyone,

pkg-ruby-extras has ~1000 source package in unstable/main today.
Unfortunately, I've counted only 10 people uploading changes to more
than 10 packages in the last 6 months. I'm very concerned about
these numbers, given the "upcoming" freeze, where I think we'll lose
some of these interested people.

Therefore, please, if you know somebody who's interested in Ruby,
please encourage them to join the team and help on our packages.
Similarly, if you yourself do not have upload rights, please talk to
your sponsor and consider becoming a DD yourself.

In case anybody's bored and has no focus area, I'm sure Praveen and
Balasankar could use help with gitlab and diaspora; at the same time
there's a long list of (RC) bugs and todos on the team DMD:
  https://udd.debian.org/dmd/?email1=pkg-ruby-extras-maintainers%40lists.alioth.debian.org
And on PET: https://pet.debian.net/pkg-ruby-extras/pet.cgi

If you happen to like C and interpreters, the ruby interpreter itself
also has some work to do. Right now the most pressing issue will be
OpenSSL 1.1.0 compatibility (#828535), the armel test suite issue,
and then some smaller bugs, and after the freeze, the ruby2.4
(or 2.5?) transition.

  C.

--
 ,''`.  Christian Hofstaedtler <zeha@debian.org>