Re: RFA: rtc.debian.org

Hi Matthew

Quoting Matthew Wild (2019-05-25 10:39:55)
> On Sat, 25 May 2019 at 08:43, Jonas Smedegaard <jonas@jones.dk> wrote:
> > Quoting Elena ``of Valhalla'' (2019-05-01 13:09:14)
> > > I won't have time for it before june, but I'm interested in
> > > helping with the XMPP part.
> > >
> > > I don't have experience with the rtc part and I'm not using it
> > > either.
> >
> > Great!
> >
> > Are you already familiar with prosody?  With Ansible?
> >
> > You are most welcome in any case, I ask to help us understand who
> > among us has what knowledge.
>
> I'm familiar with Prosody (I'm one of the developers) and happy as
> always to help with stuff.

Excellent to know we have an upstream developer on this list :-D

You are listed as team member at https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/RTC -
does that mean you have admin access to the services?

If so, could you perhaps post to https://bugs.debian.org/803119 what
knowledge you have about current state of version tracking - even if it
is "have no clue" or "nothing is formally tracked yet" I think it would
be helpful to reduce duplicated efforts of fumbling in the dark by
others new to the team and not (yet) granted admin access.

> I think you'll find some open items in the list archives, but I think
> one of the main focuses at the moment has to be reducing the spam.
> Second to that, it's been a while since I looked at the config and I'm
> not sure how well it matches up to current recommendations for a
> modern XMPP service.

Personally my highest priorities is a) sturring up interest of others
and b) gain admin access to the services.

Let's please track all issues at https://bugs.debian.org/rtc.debian.org
- I notice that spim is not currently filed as an open issue - but I
found https://bugs.debian.org/846099 which is closed...

 - Jonas