Re: severity of bugs that FTBFS because of missing B-D

Paul Gevers <elbrus@debian.org> writes:

> I would hope that this is only one direction. Policy describes practice
> and is always (by definition) behind. So, unless the policy needs
> updating for something that we (as a project) learned to accept, I would
> hope that all policy violations are RC by default. Indeed, the Release
> Team is delegated to make non-policy violations RC bugs. The RT *tries*
> to state them in the rc_policy [1], where non-policy issues are marked
> with "Ref: RT".

The Release Team is also empowered to declare specific Policy must
violations to not be RC bugs.  Arguably any time this happens it's a bug
in Policy, but given the resources available to getting Policy reconciled
with current practice, it does happen from time to time.

I had some tentative plans to reconcile Policy more cleanly with the
Release Team's RC policy, but it's not something I've managed to find time
to do.