Re: Transition news: GCC 6 enabled by default

On 9 August 2016 at 17:44, Emilio Pozuelo Monfort wrote:
| On 07/08/16 15:18, Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:
| >
| > Thanks for starting the g++-6 transition.
| >
| > I suspect/believe that I "own" a (small) stack which needs a transition policy:
| >
| >  -- the "R" language (source package r-base) encodes its configuration time
| >     choices for all subsequent compilations; here we have CXX and CXX1X (plus
| >     CXX1Y in next release)
| >
| >  -- this could be overwritten but it easiest just to rebuild R
| >
| >  -- R itself is largely C and Fortran and will not be affected
| >
| >  -- C++ packages will.  I am also upstream of the somewhat-widely used C++
| >     interface in package Rcpp (source package rcpp).  We need to rebuild it,
| >     and then all packages dependending on it. See [1] below. There may also
|
| Why do all the rdeps need to be rebuilt? I'm not even sure I understand why rcpp
| needs to be rebuilt...

You were right, I was wrong.  RQuantLib just needed an update, it is now back
in testing after five days in unstable.

Wrong alarm from my side, looks like we do NOT need a formal transition as I
feared.  Yay.

Thanks for calmly setting me straight :)

Dirk

--
http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd@debian.org