Re: Requesting pre-approval for a samba upload to fix file descriptor leak in pam_winbind

Quoting Christian PERRIER (bubulle@debian.org):

> Yes, and I find no free time for looking at this more deeply. :-(
>
> Of course, an easy fix would be using "my" patch without thinking
> further as the bug reporter said that this fixed the problem for
> him.

This is what I finally did. I'm waiting for the bug reporter to
confirm that the uploaded package do fix the file descriptor leak he
noticed.

This is not a perfect solution as "my" patch should be redundant with
upstream's fix in samba 3.5.6....but, as the bug reporter confirmed
that unpatched 3.5.6 still has the fd leak, I think this is the less
worse way to go.

I'll wait for the bug reporter confirmation then ask for an unblock.