What about default-syslog [Re: new release goal default-mta?]

martin f krafft wrote:
> [moving debian-release@l.d.o to Bcc, continuing discussion in bug log]
>
> also sprach Andreas Metzler <ametzler@downhill.at.eu.org> [2009.05.04.1856 +0200]:
>> FWIW as previously discussed on debian-devel starting with the
>> lastest upload (4.69-10) exim4-daemon-light provides default-mta.
>
> Excellent. If there are no objections, I'll formulate a squeeze
> release goal and file the bugs.

As maintainer of rsyslog I followed this discussion with great interest.
Atm there are around 30 packages which depend/recommend
rsyslog | system-log-daemon
(or still use sysklogd | system-log-daemon, for which I have filed bugs in the
past to change that to rsyslog | system-log-daemon).

My generell feeling I got from the discussion, is that the (virtual) default-mta
 package is considered a good idea, so should we use the some approach for
system-log-daemons and introduce a default-syslog package?

Cheers,
Michael

universe are pointed away from Earth?