Qestions to "Why is package X not in testing yet?"

Hi,

I asked Bjorn Stenberg about why inn2 is waiting on perl (see mail
below) and he suggested that maybe the sarge testing script would
ensure, that the version of perl used during building would enter
sarge before/with inn2. He wasn't sure though and suggested I check
here to confirm what is realy happening.

Is he right or is something else going on?

MfG
        Goswin

PS: please CC me on all replies since I'm not on the list.

--- Begin Message ---
Hi,

I am wondering how the update-excuses script comes to the conclusion
that inn2 (as an example of a bunch of them) is waiting for perl.

Looking at the "Why is package X not in testing yet?" page for inn2

http://bjorn.haxx.se/debian/testing.pl?package=inn2;printalldeps=1

I see no reason why a newer perl than sarge is needed:

| # info: inn2 depends on perl (ok, testing has version 5.8.2-2)
| # inn2 depends on perlapi-5.8.2, provided by: perl-base
|           o info: perl-base has version 5.8.2-2 in testing

Looking at the inn2 Depends I also see no clue why perl is blocking
it.

| Depends: libc6 (>= 2.3.2.ds1-4), libdb4.1, libperl5.8 (>= 5.8.2), debconf (>= 0.5), inn2-inews (>= 2.3.999+20030227-1), cron, exim4 | mail-transport-agent, time, procps, perl, perlapi-5.8.2

libperl5.8, perl and perlapi-5.8.2 are available in sarge.

Can you shed any more light on this?

Thanks in advance and for your pages, they are very helpfull.

MfG
        Goswin

--- End Message ---