Re: Orphaned packages that were not part of etch

Some of these packages were orphaned within the past month. I don't feel
such packages should be removed from testing; people may just not have
reacted to the orphaning yet.

Frank Lichtenheld wrote:
> cryopid: popcon 233/23/203/7/0, RC bug, no rdepends
>  -> keep in unstable

This seems potentially insanely useful.

It also seems to be maintained by Christoph Berg as of 0.5.9.1-4.

> metastore: popcon 114/37/35/42/0, no rdepends
>  -> keep in lenny

I think it's upstream maintainer plans to maintain it.

It can be needed in some edge cases with etckeeper (restoring historical
versions of /etc from old etckeeper installations that used metastore).
Not enough to even warrant a suggests.

> sparkline-php: popcon 4/2/2/0/0, new upstream, no rdepends
>  -> remove

This is a minor dependency of ikiwiki. (Ie, two plugins don't work w/o
it.) I often forget to add Suggests for little things like that, but
please treat it like ikiwiki suggests it.

--
see shy jo