Re: remaining FHS bugs

Jordi Mallach <jordi@debian.org> wrote:
>Hello,
>A quick look over the FHS list:

Thanks! Replies trimmed to -qa.

>cqcam, libcqcam-dev: this package seems to be very unmaintained...
>bugs ignored for years, etc. Should be orphaned/removed.

Somebody (Edward?) was working on this.

>faqomatic: same, trivial ignored bugs for ages, etc. Anyone knows if
>this package is useful for anything?

I NMUed at DebConf. Won't comment on its usefulness or otherwise for now
(this keyboard is way too awkward ...)

>gerstensaft: Joey?

Roland fixed this one.

>infocom, int-fiction, jlex, libggidemos, propsel, rocks-n-diamonds,
>  xserver-ggi: this maintainer looks like completely MIA. I see tbm has
>  noticed already :>

They're probably all yada, too :( Is somebody proficient with that who
could work on these?

>libstdc++2.8: maintained by Galen Hazelwood, is he MIA (I can't
>remember).

tbm filed a bug to remove this, I think?

>printop: also abandoned, old, trivial bugs ignored.

I learnt the build system for a similar package (cracklib2) a while ago,
so I can do this. (Yuck.)

>sauce, userv: Ian, are you interested in these packages still? Should we NMU?

Ian gave me permission to NMU a while ago, so I should get moving and do
it (upload prepared for sauce, actually, but I haven't figured out how
to test it yet). userv doesn't build for reasons that will need more
discussion.

>vrwave: Javi?

Stephen Zander is taking this over.

>libterm-readline-perl-perl: Darren, can you have a look at this?

I started work on an NMU, not finished yet though.

>idled, phototk: CR?

tille was working on phototk.