Re: Membership request

Hello Pierre-Elliott,

Thank you for your response.

I believe that a contribution track is a way to contribute to the Python team without being a full member. I am interested in learning more about the contribution track and how I can get involved.

Please let me know if there is any additional information or resources that you can provide.

Best regards,
Nicolas Couture
Open Source Enthusiast

On Wed, Apr 3, 2024 at 9:45 AM Pierre-Elliott Bécue <peb@debian.org> wrote:
Nicolas Couture <nicolas@stormvault.net> wrote on 27/02/2024 at 21:00:58+0200:

> Good day,
>
> As I met "pollo" this morning on OFTC after inquiring about helping out with the adoption of virtualenvwrapper or researching more into
> the state of packaging pyenv in Debian, he suggested a good starting point would be to read  https://deb.li/PyPolicy which I had not until
> now and then join the team to help out on any team-maintained packages.
>
> I understand the gist of it but I'm starting to think that "pollo" might actually be a chicken, because he's excellent at laying out
> eggs-amples of policy, but when it comes to packaging, he believes in free-range.
>
> On with the serious phase of this request:
>
> Why you want to join the team:
>
>  * Help maintain specific packages though my interest might be broader than that and I'm willing to help out on team-maintained
>  packages to become familiar with the workflows
>  * Salsa login: ncouture
>  * I have read and accept https://salsa.debian.org/python-team/tools/python-modules/blob/master/policy.rst
>
> Best regards,

Hello Nicolas,

Sorry for not replying to your request earlier.

And nice of you roasting pollo. :-)

I'd be glad to give you access to specific repositories (and create
those which you need to have created), but before granting you a full
access to the group, I guess I'd like to see a bit of your contributions
track.

Would that be a fine compromise for you?

--
PEB