Re: pyfakefs: Outdate version was migrated today

On Fri, 9 Dec 2022, c.buhtz@posteo.jp wrote:

Hello folks,
my question is not critic but just learning purpose. Because in the Debian universe I always assume that there is a good reason behind each activity, no matter if I understand it or not.

Here is one I don't understand.
Today (9th December '22) pyfakefs 4.6.3 was migrated [1] into testing. But the latest stable release at upstream is 5.0.0 release two months ago [2].

So why does a Debian package maintainer invest time and resources into packaging an out dated version of a package?

The version that migrated to testing on 9 December was just a bug fix, see [3]. Version 4.6.3 was initially packaged on 12 September [4].

Scott

[3] https://tracker.debian.org/news/1393666/accepted-python-pyfakefs-463-3-source-into-unstable/
[4] https://tracker.debian.org/news/1361844/accepted-python-pyfakefs-463-1-source-into-unstable/