Re: Python 3.11, bytecode and new internals

On 11/22/22 17:59, Julian Gilbey wrote:
Or should we mark them as X-Python3-Version: << 3.11 so they can stay in
testing as long as Python 3.10 is the default?

I don't think this is the way.

I'm sorry, I don't understand - which is not the way?

I don't think you should "mark them as X-Python3-Version: << 3.11", because either we use 3.10 or 3.11 in Bookworm, I don't think that there's a plan for having both interpreters available.

But I still don't know what to do in the meantime with the spyder
ecosystem besides either wait for upstream to sort bytecode and pydevd
and Piotr (and possibly upstream) to sort parso, or to mark them as
Python 3.10 only.

Well, hopefully for you, you'll get it fixed before next January, or we go back to 3.10 only (or both?).

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)