Re: Build test failure for python-easydev

On Wed, 23 Jan 2019 at 06:54, Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> wrote:

> Hi Nick,
>
> On Tue, Jan 22, 2019 at 11:33:09PM +0000, Nick Morrott wrote:
> > > I'm a newcomer to the python team, but I'm looking at this at the
> > > moment to improve by debugging and python packaging.
>
> Cool.  Thanks a lot.  Your outright contribution was very helpful and
> really welcome.  The only change I made is to revert your commit
> 38022ac5 since there is no point in changing the upstream source that
> way.  I agree upstream should not ship that file but if its in the
> upstream tarball I see no need to remove it here.

Apologies about that. My build failed immediately due to the presence
of that file when I started testing, and removing it got the build to
proceed so I could look at the test failures.

That file is not present in their upstream github repository at the
release date of 0.9.37. pypi points to the repo as the definitive
source location so it's my fault for not investigating the pypi
tarball further. If it persists it can obviously always be removed
automatically via d/copyright if desired.

> > Hope this helps,
>
> Definitely.  Package is uploaded - one worry less. :-)

Excellent!

Cheers,
Nick