Re: git-dpm -> gbp conversion (mass-change)

Hi,

> The problem with git-debrebase will be the same as with git-dpm. As soon
> as you try to upgrade / merge a new upstream release, you dive into a
> rebase/conflict nightmare.

So in other words, you prefer to solve the same conflicts manually with
quilt/quilt refresh or get similar but worse (I think) rebase conflicts with
"gbp pq rebase"?

There is no nightmare unless there are patch conflicts. All the tools will
in that case give you a nightmare in one way or the other. It is just that some
of them attempt to handle it a bit more elegantly than the others. For people
familar with git (and rebase) - the nightmare should not be bad at all with
git-debrebase.  (personally I solve conflicts  with quilt -f /quilt refresh
when using gbp)..

Cheers,
Ruben