Re: Moving off of git-dpm (Re: git-dpm breakage src:faker)

Barry Warsaw <barry@debian.org> writes:
> On Feb 14, 2017, at 06:30 PM, Arto Jantunen wrote:
>>The patch-queue branch is based on the Debian branch, not upstream. Try
>>merging the new upstream version to your Debian branch, and then running
>>gbp pq rebase.
>
> This confuses me, or I'm doing something wrong.  With git-dpm the way to drop
> patches was to rebase interactively against upstream.  That doesn't seem to
> work with gbp pq rebase, or with gbp pq import & git rebase -i master (or
> upstream).
>
> So how do I drop a patch with gbp-pq?

The later works for me. Since there is no gbp pq rebase -i (perhaps
there should be one?), this is what I do:

gbp pq import
git rebase -i master
<remove a patch>
gbp pq export

And git status shows the patch as deleted, and removed from the series
file.

--
Arto Jantunen