Re: requests 2.7.0 in Debian experimental

On Tue, May 5, 2015 at 10:01 AM, Daniele Tricoli <eriol@mornie.org> wrote:
Hello,

I have uploaded version 2.7.0 of requests in experimental because it breaks
backwards compatibility.

I already found that httpie needs to be update to 0.9.2[¹], but I'll start
checking all requests dependants in the following days.
If your package has requests as dependency, and you want help me (:D), please
test it with the new version and make sure all it's fine.

My plan is to systematically check dependants before ask from the release team
a transition slot for requests (this should be the proper way to handle this
issue IIUC).

Kind regards,

[¹]
https://github.com/jakubroztocil/httpie/blob/master/CHANGELOG.rst#092-2015-02-24

--
 Daniele Tricoli 'Eriol'
 https://mornie.org

Thanks for being so awesome Daniele!

To elaborate on the problem with httpie: We are trying to start cleaning up a lot of technical debt. There were constants defined in requests.compat and httpie was relying on some of those instead of determining them for itself/using a library like six. I checked a bunch of consumers before removing those constants, but I missed httpie. Needless to say, we haven't add those back since httpie released a fix very quickly.

To make it easier for everyone else, if you want to grep through the packages you maintain for any of the symbols removed here: https://github.com/kennethreitz/requests/commit/f37fe551bbbf6ac8d07c35c64888b4ab289c967d it should be sufficient.

Cheers,
Ian