Re: Advise on packaging a new Python module

On 8 November 2012 14:15, Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> wrote:
As far as I have followed this thread I have not seen an answer to this
part of your mail.  I admit I have no idea how to support Python 2 *and*
3 but wild-guessing from my experience with Debian tools I doubt any
manual code writing would be needed.  Any more detailed advise?

Some manual code writing is needed, as debhelper doesn't yet know how to automatically build packages with Python 3.

The best description is this wiki page: http://wiki.debian.org/Python/LibraryStyleGuide

Thomas