Re: Python Packaging Guide

* Umang Varma <umang.me@gmail.com>, 2010-04-18, 08:30:
My general impression is that it's yet another (very) bad piece of documentation. Feel free to ignore my opinion however, as I'm already prejudiced. :P
It's hard to ignore your opinion (or for that matter, that of any DD here). When you say very bad, it is clearly more than just the factual errors you've listed bellow. Could you explain what you said in more detail?

Who is your target audience? If you want this document to be read by packaging newbies, then this document is terribly incomplete.

On the other hand, anyone who is acquainted with packaging basics will find your text unnecessarily long, full of uninteresting trivia, yet still non-comprehensive.

Moreover, doubling the text length for the sake of being "neutral" is a bad decision. cdbs does not deserve to advertised in any way. Some people will keep using it, let them do it, but that should be their conscious decision. (As a matter of fact, dh7 is neither a good tool to show how things work.)

--
Jakub Wilk