Re: Best practice for test(s) directories?

Hi Kibi!

On Mon, Jul 14, 2008 at 20:13, Cyril Brulebois <kibi@debian.org> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I'm wondering whether there's a preferred place where to drop the
> test(s) directory. I don't really know whether to choose
>    /usr/share/python-support/$package/test(s)
> or
>    /usr/share/$package/test(s).
>
> Since it isn't really needed for the module to correctly work, I'd be
> tempted to keep it out of python-support's paths, and to keep it under
> /usr/share/$package instead, but what do you think?

Well, since tests are something not needed for the module to work and
they provide a sort of documentation of the module itself, I usually
install them as examples under /usr/share/doc/$pkg/examples (as
suggested by Piotr and/or Bernd, IIRC). Just my 2 cc :)

Cheers,
Sandro