Re: py2.0

On Thu, Jan 04, 2001 at 12:30:49PM -0700, Bruce Sass wrote:
> Hi,
>
> What's the story with Python 2.0...

a long one, about licences and gpl compatibility...

> are there any .debs around for Potato, or even the debianized source
> (a quick peek showed only 1.5.2 in potato, testing and unstable)?
> Have I missed a message about the location of py2.0 for Debian, or was I

yes, you have :-)

> struck blind when I checked the archives?

the same :-)
http://lists.debian.org/debian-python-0012/msg00000.html

there are also activestate python debian packages,
(www.activestate.com) which, although badly packaged and violating debian
policy in almost all aspects, work reasonably well and coexist nicely
with debian proper python packages.