Re: Lemmy Instance

Oh wow! Somebody just added Lemmy onto the list as I was writting the last email!

Okay then, I'll try to get in touch with the team. Thank you for the lead!

Cheers,

Timothy Kenno Handojo

On Tue, Jun 13, 2023, 10:12 PM Paul Tagliamonte <paultag@debian.org> wrote:
On Tue, Jun 13, 2023 at 11:08 AM Timothy Kenno Handojo
<kennohan@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Jonathan,
>

> Thank you for your response!
>
> I think we can gain a lot by riding out the momentum of the Reddit exodus.
>
> Can I start by spinning out a cheap VPS (or even better, AWS EC2 free tier) and get a Lemmy instance running on it.
>
> If I manage to do that, can you allocate a subdomain for it? Maybe something like social.debian.org.

Hey Timothy,

Thanks for your enthusiasm!

If you check out the link that Jonathan sent, the social services are
under *.debian.social, such as pixelfed.debian.social - take a look at
the table for domain names! It's unlikely to get a debian.org domain
unless it's operated by the project itself, but Debian Developers can
use debian.net. I'd suggest coordinating with the Debian Social admin
team (email and people linked on the wiki) to help

   paultag