Re: Linux - Debian

On Tue, Mar 19, 2019 at 12:06 AM Mucska.La wrote:

> I look for operation systems for new notebook, which it will be.

This sort of question should generally be asked on Debian support
channels. I've included some answers to your questions below but
please ask any further questions on Debian support channels.

https://www.debian.org/support

> 1) How is claims/demands on hardware, prize,
> another costs for using (licences, uppgrades, etc.).

There are no costs associated with Debian except the bandwidth you
will use to download it, the time you will use to install/upgrade it
and any optional donations that you decide to give Debian. There are
ways to have automatic upgrades for security issues though.

https://www.debian.org/donations

> 2) Is running full MS Excel 2019 without problems?

Microsoft Excel is proprietary software, I suggest using Libreoffice
Calc instead.

https://www.libreoffice.org/discover/calc/

If that is not possible, Microsoft Excel does not officially support
Linux but it may be possible to get it running using the Wine project.

https://www.winehq.org/

> 3) Is running full MySQL without problems?

Debian stretch replaced MySQL with MariaDB, which is mostly compatible
with MySQL.

https://www.debian.org/releases/stretch/amd64/release-notes/ch-whats-new.en.html#mariadb-replaces-mysql

> 4) How is difference against Ubuntu? (all advantages, disadvantages).

Debian is produced by a community of mostly volunteers and is not
dependent on a single company, while Ubuntu is produced by a company.
The advantages and disadvantages of both are numerous and stem from
both.

--
bye,
pabs