Re: Better visibility of "what can you do with Debian" on the Debian main page

Le jeudi 14 avril 2011 à 09:54 -0700, Noah Meyerhans a écrit :
> It's funny that you'd say that, because traditionally the Unix
> approach has been to use many small, task-specific "apps", not one big
> monolithic system.

Yes but no ( ̄~ ̄;)ウーン・・・

Unix app do 1 task or 1 job useful for any application (grep, sort, lpr
awk, sed, vim ...) and you have choice (for editing text : vim, emacs,
gedit, kate...)

If I use firefox, I can use googlemap, weather, poker... I don't need
firefox-for-googlemap, firefox-for-weather, firefox-for-poker ...

Small Apple "Apps" provide 1 contents and not 1 task, this is redundant
programming ( a browser for parents, a browser for children, a browser
for cat...). It's like ou must use vim for editing scripts emacs for
editing configs and gedit for editing latex... and pay for each! it's
not the same case, it's not the traditionally Unix approach at all!

Unix open computing, apps store segment information so that you paid a
toll.

--
Jérôme Dautzenberg
(yes, my english is a crime)