Re: Darmstadt network downtime 2008-03-29 - affects lists and more

Hi,

On Sat Mar 29, 2008 at 01:01:30 +0100, Josip Rodin wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 29, 2008 at 12:53:23AM +0100, Peter Palfrader wrote:
> > the Metropolitan Area Network Darmstadt (MAN-DA) will be working on
> > their uplink fibers today, 2008-03-29 between 0630 and 1700Z.  All
> > our machines in their network will be unreachable for this time.
>
> A whole day of downtime, and six hours of advance warning - sounds like
> bad planning? Will I be killed instantly for suggesting that we should
> host stuff in places which have some better standards for these kinds
> of things? :)

no, you should argue with me for with me for not forwarding stuff in
appropriate time in advance. That was clearly my fault.

Also it is not said that the downtime will be the whole time, it is just
that during these hours there will be worked on the uplink.

Greetings
Martin

--
 Martin Zobel-Helas <zobel@debian.org>  |  Debian Release Team Member
 Debian & GNU/Linux Developer           |           Debian Listmaster