Re: dopewars do we need such a game in debian distribution?

On Sat, Mar 01, 2008 at 01:53:27AM -0500, Kevin Mark wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 27, 2008 at 06:14:04PM +0100, Sven Luther wrote:

> > > There was a recent incident with Wikipedia about it containing a page
> > > with the image of mohammad. Muslims wanted this to be removed. Wikipedia
> > > stood up for free speech and did not remove this image. The idea is that
> > > free speech should be allowed and the choice should be left up to the
> >
> > It is always funny, albeit in a sad kind of ways, when i see DDs
> > speaking of free speech, while at the same time supporting censorship at
> > the list level.
> I am not a DD. I do not speak for Debian or its personel. Although I
> would assume that they consider free speech important, considering
> that in the US (and other places) 'code=speech'.
> >
> > Note: As i am being censored, please consider forwarding this email to
> > the list.
> >
> > Sadly,
> >
> > Sven Luther
> >
> You are not limited in your freedom to speak. It is others that may or
> may not choose to listen or take action to recieve or block what you
> say. It has been your actions that lead to this and it will be your
> future actions that change the situation. I hope you are able to change
> your actions to be able to continue your desired Debian work.
> Cheers,
> Kev
> --
To all,
I seem to have made a mistake regarding sending the previous message.
My fingers were quicker then my eyes and did not notice that this was a
private email which also had a header sending it to -project. I should
have noticed this and not sent it. My appologies to all involved for
disclosure of private email and for a possible breach of the list or
project rules.
-K
ps.
Thanks to Mr. Plessy for bringing it to my attention.
|_______  Unless I ask to be CCd, assume I am subscribed _______|