Re: Packaging request for sane-airscan in Debian

On 7/6/20 8:44 PM, Till Kamppeter wrote:
did you (or someone else) already post a request for packaging sane-airscan in Debian, like how it was done for ipp-usb:

AFAIK, no.

Alexander, when you have put sane-airscan into the OpenSUSE Build Srvice, did you prepare the Debian packaging (debian/ subdirectory) for it? And where can I find these files?

You can pick up debian files directly from OBS: https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/home:pzz/sane-airscan

It is not quite clear for me how to add these files into debian/ subdirectory, so that version will be incremented automatically.

OSB does it automatically for me, by replacing the fake 0.0.0 version in the sane-airscan.dsc with the latest release tag (formally, the most recent tag in the releases branch).

When I was preparing debian/ subdirectory for ipp-usb, it was not versioned yet, so problem didn't exist. Now it needs to be updated somehow.

--

	Wishes, Alexander Pevzner (pzz@apevzner.com)