Re: Fork of current version of »hfs« package

Hi Lennart!

On Tue, 2023-05-30 at 16:39 -0400, Lennart Sorensen wrote:
> I had a poke at it, dealt with a couple of compile issues, then
> encountered Blocks and went WTF did Apple invent here?  I don't even
> understand the description of their proprietary extension to C/C++/ObjC.
>
> I had never seen code with ^ prefixed to things in this way and since I
> don't understand what Blocks are supposed to accomplish I have no idea
> how to remove them from the code.

The BlocksRuntime library is already partially patched out on my »linux« branch
using a patch originally from Fedora:

> https://github.com/glaubitz/hfs/commit/d6ea3fe324a6b018ebe7934b9f95a624b047dc2d
> https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/hfsplus-tools/blob/rawhide/f/hfsplus-tools-no-blocks.patch

Additional occurrences should be patched out in a similar way.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz
: :' :  Debian Developer