Re: Testers on PowerMac needed - overwriting the boot-device in NVRAM

> On Mar 27, 2022, at 10:51 PM, Dennis Clarke <dclarke@blastwave.org> wrote:
>
> On 3/25/22 03:43, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
>
> Then the machine DOES NOT boot.
>
> I see :
>

>    Welcome to GRUB!
>
>    error: symbol `grub_disk_native_sectors' not found.
>    grub rescue>

This change is unrelated to the change. It indicates a broken GRUB installation.

> Then, of course, the fans being their full speed noises.
>
> So, any ideas on what to type at that prompt?

Try invoking the boot menu by holding down <Alt> and see if you can find an alternative working boot loader.

If that doesn’t work, then my suspicion is that your installation is rather old and GRUB on this system was installed using the old hacky scripts.

I don’t think the G5 behaves differently here than my G4.

Adrian