Re: Updated Debian Ports installation images

On Sun, Mar 20, 2022 at 9:07 AM John Paul Adrian Glaubitz
<glaubitz@physik.fu-berlin.de> wrote:

> > On Mar 20, 2022, at 1:53 PM, Jeffrey Walton <noloader@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Unfortunately, we still can't boot a PowerMac. Yaboot does load, but
> > it results in Unknown or corrupt filesystem.
>
> I do not quite understand the connection to Yaboot. The current images use GRUB, both for booting the installer and the installed system.
>
> Yaboot is unmaintained upstream, so it’s unlikely it will be able to work with modern ext4 systems in the foreseeable future.
>
> If you insist on using Yaboot, you will have to use ext2 or ext3.

I don't insist on it. The instructions tell us to use it. The only
instructions I am aware of is the one where we do 'boot
cd:,/install/yaboot'.

If the instructions have changed, can you please tell us where the
updated instructions are located?

The README on the ISO has an Installing section, but there are no instructions.

Jeff