USB-RS232 with G4 (mac mini)

Adrian,

On Thu, May 9, 2019 at 8:01 AM John Paul Adrian Glaubitz
<glaubitz@physik.fu-berlin.de> wrote:

> On 5/8/19 7:20 PM, Frank Scheiner wrote:
> > Not for the 11,2 type G5s. AFAIK there never was an adapter available
> > that would allow access to the - existing - serial console port(s).
>
> You can always plug in a USB-RS232 converter and pass "console=ttyUSB0"
> on the kernel command line. There is no need to use the built-in serial

I am curious about that comment. I do not understand how one would
actually (physically) plug a USB-RS232 on a Mac Mini G4 ?

Here is a picture of such device (at least how I interpret your comment):

https://raspberrypi.stackexchange.com/questions/15819/how-to-identify-the-usb-to-serial-wire-mismatched

Where do you plug the red/black/white/green cable on your Mac ?