Re: jpeg-turbo 6.2 and ppc G3

On Wed, Jul 06, 2016 at 09:54:02PM +0200, Riccardo Mottola wrote:
> "upstream" replied with this:
>
> https://github.com/libjpeg-turbo/libjpeg-turbo/commit/6c0b7613b4d48dd35e54fc968f4a808d495f2fef

That is garbage in my opinion, given there exists a proper interface
for getting that info.

> parsing cpuinfo?

Not a good method. My patch does it the official linux way that is
effectively like parsing except done right.

> what would be the best way to test this? can you make a deb package that I
> can compile myself? or just build from source and install into /usr/local as
> a test?

You can just take the source deb, apply the patch, then dpkg-buildpackage
and install the resulting deb.

--
Len Sorensen