RE: PPC64 port status

Hi William welcome,
2 x PPC64 here, one is G5 quad  and one is a A-eon Cyrus+ e5500 P5020 machine,
Yes i can say for sure debian is really need to be fixed in e5500 because many software
crash here and look like need the fpu emulation enabled in the kernel for run the desktop.
Right now im running here with  kernel 4.6 rc1 under mate 16.04 im founding less problems about compatibility compared with debian where iceweasell are crashing everytime if i open a video.  I think many issue are gaven because debian have much more altivec optimized components.. but im sure in time everything will be  better ;-)

Luigi