Re: PowerPC buildd is looking for a new home

Sven Luther wrote:
> But the DSA team have refused to even consider those augsbourg machines,
> probably because they where overloaded, and unwilling to share the work,
> a bit like it is happening with the arm or sparc ports, where new
> hardware was proposed, but ignored or rejected.

Thanks Sven for accusing us without reason.

The DSA team does not add random machines.  There is no ppc64 port,
there is no need for ppc64 machines, there are powerpc build daemons
and there's a powerpc porter machine which is not overloaded.  Thus,
no need for more machines, thus no more machines will be added.

See the debian-release list from last year when I asked about
the need for these machines (or was it 2005?)

Regards,

	Joey

--
A mathematician is a machine for converting coffee into theorems.   Paul Erdös