Re: trackpad show gives an error

On Sun, Feb 26, 2006 at 01:38:13PM +0200, Sammy wrote:
> Well I was able to get the bz2 file (v0.08) from http://www.popies.net/atp/
> using wget from bash. I see a make file that puts the compiled target (a .o
> file I believe?) to /....2.6.8-powerpc/build which doesn't exist, so maybe I
> should change it to one that does and make (which is not installed on the
> system and I have to look for the package to get :-S )
"aptitude install make" will do. You also need the kernel-headers-2.6.8
package. This should also fix your problem with the build directory.

The Makefile should create a appletouch.ko in the source directory of
the driver. I don't know if it will compile successfully. It may be,
that the sarge kernel is too old for the appletouch driver.

> But then what? Do I use modprobe or something? How do I know the driver was
> loaded and works? I recall a command that dumps the output of the mouse (cat
> < something) but I can't remember where I read it. Will the driver be loaded
> every time the system boots this way?
You load the appletouch.ko file with insmod. If the module works and you
want to use it premanently, just install the appletouch.ko file to
/lib/modules/2.6.8-powerpc/kernel/drivers/usb/input/

Gaudenz

--
Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter.
Try again. Fail again. Fail better.