Re: Weird display problems on wakeup from sleep (sometimes)

On 8/30/05, Bernhard Reiter <bernhard@intevation.de> wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 18, 2005 at 11:06:00AM +0000, Joerg Sommer wrote:
> > Ryan Lortie <desrt@desrt.ca> wrote:
> > > The jist of the problem is that on wake up from sleep my display is
> > > sometimes in a scrambled state.  It's difficult to describe; there is a
> > > screenshot attached to the bug report.
> >
> > I can confirm this problem on a ibook G4 800MHz with the debian kernel
> > 2.6.11.
>
> I can confirm the issue with Powerbook5,6.
> Ben knew more about it, search the archives of the list.
>

> > At me, it helps to put the laptop sleeping and wake it up again.
>
> I found out that switching between virtual terminals can also trigger
> and solve it.

machine         : PowerBook5,2

For me switching terminals does not help, but switching the background
light off and on back helps (Fn+F1 repeatedly then Fn+F2). The weird
thing is that with kernel 2.6.9 this problem was not present and now
the level 1 of luminosity is not really level 1 when coming back from
0 luminosity, while when coming from level 2 the behaviour is normal.

--
Regards,
EddyP